Meet Dr. Thomas B. Carter
Dr. Carter has built a renowned reputation pioneering exceptional periodontal science and delivery. His background and experience is unrivaled on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Dr. Carter is the study club leader for SPEAR Education on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, advancing the education of dental professionals. He regularly lectures on topics including periodontal plastic surgery, hard and soft tissue augmentation, and dental implants. In addition, he is a standing member of the American Dental Association and the Mississippi Dental Association.
Dr. Carter and his wife Lauren (Elias) have been married for 10 years and have four children – Frank Elias Carter (Eli), Thomas Bertucci Carter (Bayce), Corban Sarris Carter, and Jackson Poole Carter.
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
- Master of Science, University of Tennessee
- Periodontics Certificate, University of Tennessee
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery, Howard University College of Dentistry
- Master of Business Administration, William Carey University
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Mississippi
- Active member of the American Academy of Periodontology
- Active member of the Southern Academy of Periodontology
- Active member of the Academy of Osseointegration
Today Dr. Carter, his family, and dental team are excited to contribute to the ongoing rebirth of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Gulfside Periodontics will strive to be the premier periodontal practice to service the residents, survivors and heroes of this amazing place that we call home.